Friday, February 20, 2009

Screw You Digg



Hello Everyone ,

This is Mick Vernon,formerly nitmeh3 at Digg. This is in response to the meltdown i had yesterday at Digg . For those who dont know check it out here . I think Digg is just moderating the users way too much . Restricting the number of diggs, blacklisting sites , not letting us use their API (Diggboss script) , hammering top diggers and now this email.


Mick Vernon to support@digg.com

Disappearing Stories :
Hello Digg ,
I am Mick (http://digg.com/users/nitmeh3) at Digg. I have recently noticed that all my stories are getting buried automatically . I havent submitted spam right ? I have been submitting quality stuff since beginning and most of them have been featured on the digg homepage has well. But since yesterday my stories have started getting buried automatically ? Even though i didnt shout them and didnt ask for votes on IM ( which i usually do ) because I sure that those would reach the FP without giving them a push.
Kindly give me clarifications for this.
Thanks.
Mick (nitmeh3).


Digg Support to me

Thanks Mick for contacting us at Digg.com with your questions.

Our records show that you have another previously created account which was banned.

We appreciate that you have submitted quality stuff on Digg.com but because we must be vigilant in protecting against activities that compromise the Digg community we were forced to bury your submissions.

In fact according to our records,you have previously had 3 banned accounts on Digg.

We appreciate your passion towards Digg and this is why we haven't locked your account yet.But, unfortunately we would not to be able to feature you on the homepage anymore and prevent you from digging any upcoming stories though you can Digg Popular stories.

Kindly note that this decision is final and irreversible.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions.

Thanks,

---Digg Support.



After reading this mail , I was literally pissed off and infuriated, I just wanted to quit. I talked to a few of my Digg friends on Gtalk and they tried to motivate me as well. But anger was on my nerves.I replied to Digg :

Re: Disappearing Stories.

I would rather quit Digg than being here in this kind of condition. Fuck You. I request you to please ban me off Digg.
Mick.


A few hours later after this submission I got banned and got the reply from Digg Support again :

Digg Support to me.

Thanks for contacting us at Digg.com once again.

We would like to inform you that we have banned and deleted your Digg Account as requested by you in your mail.

Just to let you know Mick , it was very childish of you to do so.

We would be happy to re-instate your account if you want. But all your statistics would be gone except the number of profile views your account had and also you wont be able to Digg upcoming stories and not be featured on the homepage of Digg.com

Thanks,

--Digg Support.


I would like to share that many users who were banned in that famous Digg Ban Rampage , are up on Digg already and gaming the system very well. You must be knowing them all. If not , Sorry i wont reveal their names .

Alright folks , I would keep posting stuff about Digg here and also submit a story like this or yesterday's rampage here everyday and submit it on Digg and share with everyone.Cheers :)

Mick.

P.S. - I know it looks monotonous. Was in a hurry actually.Enjoy this pic again :)

18 comments:

  1. Well, looks like Digg has admitted the autobury :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official, Digg is actively trying to fuck its base.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Digg is a Dumb ass, they don't know what a quality post means.

    This is a known secret that some Power diggers take thousands of dollars to from some websites who want their site on Digg's front page. But Digg won't do anything to them.

    is Digg taking commission from those power diggers?

    lol, i really don't know!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Digg ->
    ............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...................................../
    .............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,__......`,.................................
    ...................`=~-,,.,...............................
    ................................`:,,...........................`..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_..........._,-%.......`
    ...................................,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's what I write about digg sometimes back. http://chanux.wordpress.com/2008/12/13/diggossip/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would of banned you a long time ago, maybe you would take the hint "the world does not revolve around you," and nobody (but other towels such as yourself) will cry for you.

    Hey, when the 'wake up truck' comes barreling down the street next time, do Me, and everyone else a favor, jump in front of it.

    your one true friend that you will always be able to count on,
    Your fingers

    ReplyDelete
  7. WAAaaaahhh! Digg doesn't love me anymore! WAAAaaahhh! I'm going to redditt where they're not mean to me!

    Crybaby pussy ass nerd. Get a life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow...this might be the biggest whiny bitchfest I have ever read. "I would rather quit Digg..." QUIT DIGG? IT is not a fucking job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is a note i sent to digg, (this kinda pissed me off too) and i wanna see if my account is banned tommorow,

    cheers BTW reddit > digg, not as fancy but its all about the content IMHO


    I used to think digg was a superb news site, a by the people for the people experiment. but recent decisions by your staff have changed my mind for me. I think it is in extremely bad form to treat your base (the people who actually keep this site going) as for the lack of a better word -shit-(sorry).
    in reference or to clarify, i'm sure your familiar with the following story.
    http://fuck-you-digg.blogspot.com/2009/02/screw-you-digg.html
    seriously, are you people that small in the real world that you have to tout internet "muscle" to prove some intangible point? reminds me of the old IRC days when an OP would have a bad case of whatever and ban some people just for the f**k of it. bad form indeed.
    I dont even know the guy, but i think you are real world cowards and this is the only outlet to prove some sort of nonexistent virtual bravado. really guys don't shit where you eat simple as that. in other words just to make sure we are on the same page. when your site is 99% user generated content, you just supplied the framework, don't mess with said users and give some completely lame excuses as to why you did this. the reasoning is way off base sorry to say. If their was an incidence with his current account i can see what you did as being justified, but this is just overboard petty. I mean really guys, you dont have enough competition with other similar news sites? you have to go and shoot your own foot. well if that's the case whateve's,
    do whatever you want with my account I dont use it too much lately, considering I've read 90% of the current stories yesterday on reddit, (and their mascot kicks ass, your should just be an ass), i don't like to see people fail. but when they deserve it I smile, and i can see me smiling quite soon ether threw your financial troubles, or users finally getting fed up with all the BS, and jumping ship, happens all the time.

    but seriously, petty petty IRCOPs, is what you have reduced yourself too, ... and we both know how common irc is now, and I would blame it on the top pissing down the pyramid... the base will eventually erode.

    thanks. and GFY, SMD, and EABOD. seriously

    ReplyDelete
  10. give mixx.com a try

    best place for banned diggers, you can get in early and be one of the top mixxers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey, we can collaborate on something. I've already got a site setup and ready to go. I'll give you moderator rights as well.

    my email is iphoneokc(at)gmail.com

    Get back :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sympathise with you.Just take a break and stop going there.These days digg staff are only listening to the jealous and angry undergraduate college dropouts.That place is a SHITHOLE.

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's just digg and the internet, who cares really? you submit stories, I don't get the seriousness of all the fiasco

    ReplyDelete
  15. whoah, your picture changed

    ReplyDelete